Sep 20, 2014

Biscay defeated!

Note: This post was supposed to be out a few days ago. Sorry about that.

The wind is still hurling outside, but we're now safely attached to earth once again.
We had to go through our third gale, and after a few hours of intense sprays our entire boat is now covered in salt. My hands are dry, my jeans are white, and there's a kind of "extra grip" to everything in the cockpit.

The wonderful shower will have to wait even longer, because the out-of-season harbour office will only open at certain times. I was really looking forward to peel off that layer of salt from my hair and face, but I guess it'll have to wait. At least nobody's hurt, eh?

It feels really strange to have come this far in less than three weeks. There are palm trees outside, last night the water temperature was over 25 celsius (at night on 5K depth!), and I can slowly take off the woollen clothes, layer by layer. Amazing! We will stay here for a while to do some upgrades on the boat, so I'll have plenty of time to go on adventures here. I'll try to picture something cool for ya!

So, this is the place where I would put my photos. But then, the connection is so bad here that I won't even give it a chance. I think I'll find a solution tomorrow, so bear with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment