May 2, 2015

SMS from 881631637468@msg.iridium.com

After she left in Brest I had the customs on board. Friendly regular check. By 7 uniformed men and one woman. The most thorough control so far. Engine room, small hiding places, my Norwegian logbook. But they did not find my legal bottle of Kraken Rum. In the bathroom.
From Brest I have been solosailing. Before Cherbourg behind Alderney in the fog struggling to read the movements of a close trawling fishingboat the currents and tidal whirls tried to set me all out. By sail and engine the boat barely moved. I told my engine to give it all and then the situation slowly resolved. A thrilling, mysterious, scary and in the end satisfactory experience. Increasing daylight was making the further passage around the Cape of Hague a piece of cake.
Next passage was uneventful. The fog when crossing the E Channel was no problem thanks to daytime and the radar.

No comments:

Post a Comment