Dec 12, 2014

We made it!

We crossed the finish line Thursday, december 11th at 16:40 UTC and we're now slowly recovering with showers and fresh food and other human beings.
I'm out of words right now, overwhelmed by the circumstances.
We were welcomed on the pontoon by many of our wonderful new friends, there has already been a cocktail party with local music and this place is just magnificent! I can't wait to spend more time here.

I thought life on land would be different and strange after the almost four weeks at sea.
I was wrong.
My balance is out of order, the lady at the table next to me is chatting loudly on a VHF and the occasional squalls keep on coming when you least expect it.

I wish I could present you with some pictures from the crossing, but I haven't found the time to go through them. I promise to get back to it as soon as the boat is tidy and clean, though!
Ellie out.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats for the crossing and the posts ! I'm aboard Velvet, cruising in the Canaries. We'll do the crossing next winter. I've been reading your posts every day since the departure of the fleet in Lanzarote. You're a very talented storyteller. Cheers, Michel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much!
    I hope you have a pleasant sail and that you'll have a safe crossing when the time is right!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete