Dec 10, 2014

SMS from 881631637468@msg.iridium.com

And it was the last of them, day 25.

Today I started reading what I thought was my last long novel, only to find it was a collection of incredibly clever short stories. Unfortunately I'm not an incredibly clever reader, so I end up being in need of lots of closures. Should've been more old and wise...

On the other hand, this is also (probably) my last night shift on the trip, and tomorrow I'll hopefully be able to dive into the real world again!(Or do they have bookshops in Martinique?)
There is no sign, however, that this is not in fact The North Sea or The Med, so somehow it doesn't feel so special yet.(Where are all the whales?) Nevertheless, we've actually come all the way from Norway , so I guess some Viking pride is present.

I like to think that the squall we just had also was among the last, but these things read your mind and comes when you least expect them. So somehow they're kinda predictable, right?
Sigh. Almost there.
Ellie out.

No comments:

Post a Comment