Dec 23, 2014

Anchor liife #1

I would've given you all the pictures at once, if I had more hours with the internet.
I'll give you the next bunch sometime soon!

It was amazing to get out of the marina and anchor for a few days. Imagine waking up, putting on a bathing suit and jump directly into picture perfect blue water, having nothing at all to do the rest of the day! Every day we snorkeled to check on the anchor, and thus I've had my share of salt water in the lungs...gotta practice that snorkeling.
We had a wonderful picnic with Andrea from Strangetrader before we went back "home" to the marina today, and now I'm enjoying the cozy christmas feel we managed to bring into the boat. Dad put the traditional, norwegian christmas lamb in water while I made an improvised christmas tree of kettles and clothes. With christmas music on the speakers we've enjoyed a long evening of doing nothing - just as it should be.

Tomorrow we celebrate the birth of Jesus (which in Norway appears to be the 24th for some reason) with our meal and humble gifts. All (no, most of) my thoughts go to my family at home and where we should've been together for the holidays. May the snow be as cozy without us!
It's so wonderful to talk to all my friends at home, and so funny to see how I want to take their place and they want to take mine. I guess it's time to stop dreaming of snow and get out in the sun!

Merry Christmas to all you lovely people out there. Remember to enjoy it right where you are and love the people around you.
Tons of love from us.
Ellie out.

Snorkeling course with Rob.

Hundreds of anchor lights, blended with the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment