Nov 23, 2014

SMS from 881631637468@msg.iridium.com

Time flies, day 8.
"Sleep tight, brother."
"It's not like I have a choice."

It's hard to believe that we already spent a week at sea. And maybe even harder to imagine the coming weeks. Today I told my brother about how much I wanted a shower, steady ground and to actually be able to go to bed when you're tired. "Imagine how that feeling will develop adding three more weeks." Oh, boy.

Yesterday night the winds came back, but this time from behind, which is much more enjoyable. I shortened the sails on my own (girls can also sail!) and now I'm sitting here again, watching out for boats in this haystack. We're back onto rolling again, but Jimmy Cornell promised all will be fine as soon as we get south. He better be right...

There isn't really much else to report. Within my line of sight there's usually just a bunch of water, two old sports and navigation systems steadily leading us west. In other words - I'm glad to have my books.
Ellie out.

No comments:

Post a Comment