Oct 25, 2014

Lisbon, baby! (And free walking tours!)

Sometimes, waiting for the weather is not that bad.
We’re enjoying the company of our favourite neighbours right outside one of the most wonderful cities of Europe!

At thursday I went on my first “free walking tour”, recommended by fellow sailors. Free walking tours are guided by local young people, you pay what you want and therefore know they’ll do the best they can to make it the time of your life. It’s a fantastic concept, and I would love to start it up in my home city when I come home!
From now on, I’ll take a free walking tour in any new city I come to. It’s a great way to prepare for the stay, and also to make friends! And who wouldn’t want to make friends the first day you stay in a new city? Try it yourself. You’ll love it.

So, apart from the fact that city is a beautiful capital city with all the coolest fashion stores it also has a real soul! For me, the district of Alfama would beat any “attraction” I’ve seen. It’s a village in the middle of Lisbon. A real village with real village people living real village lives. HOW is that possible. Come on. It’s the coolest ever. And of course, the place is super romantic, magical, beautiful and really really calm. Does Lisbon compete to be the coolest city in the world? Yes.

I’ll let the pictures do the rest of the job.
Oh, a big shoutout to Genevieve and Nick from New York! And Rafael, the amazing Chill-Out Walking Tour guide! If you go to Lisbon, check it out: http://lisbonfreetour.blogspot.pt/

Morning sun at "home".


Proof of the terrible people making maps in southern Europe. SHAME ON YOU.


Cascais, the beautiful fisherman town west of Lisbon.




Rafael in action.




Alfama! (The village)



Party hard. Party hard. Party hard.



The village also offers new friends.

Touristic Fado music.


A local wet t-shirt contest. In the city fountain. Wat.









I will come back here. You should too.
Ellie out.

No comments:

Post a Comment