Oct 19, 2014

It's island time!

I'm currently planning the last meal together with our fantastic neighbours. The christmas lights are already tied to the mast and my dad is preparing our special Størkson-brownie!

The last two weeks in Vigo has been amazing for both us and the boat. Dad got a radio nerd friend and I have had my adventure friends. The boat got an antenna rig, a bunch of cables and a new inverter, amongst other mechanical stuff.
The reason we have stayed at land for so long is the remains of some kind of a hurricane, and the fact that it decided to stop outside of Spain for a week didn't really improve the situation. Weather seems to get better, and in a few days we'll all be heading for Lisbon, Madeira, Morocco or even straight to the Canaries.

Sailor life is fantastic. For us it's like having an eternal summer vacation, except you change places, people and stories from time to time. Every sailor we have met seems to be entirely happy (so are we) - in other words: so far, so good!
Yesterday we all went to buy food for the big crossing, and the taxi driver was in fatal shock when he saw what we wanted to send with him, haha.

I would love to tell you more about the stay, but I have a norwegian salmon job ahead of me, and I don't wanna be late!
You'll hear more from me as soon as possible, and now that our SSB-radio is up you'll get real blog posts instead of the "sms" thing. Yay!

Ellie out!

No comments:

Post a Comment