Nov 28, 2014

SMS from 881631637468@msg.iridium.com

The mid-way bucket shower, day 13.

By now you've probably figured out that life on our crossing is slow with no particular events. This enables me (us?) to regard minor happenings as interesting and important and therefore surely something to blog vividly about. Count this as an apology if I bore you from now on.

Anyway, today we moved the spree boom from one side to the other, focusing all our power to get to the welcome party on Martinique. This involves hourly calculations, a large chart with the movements of our competitors in it, and absolutely no work on the sails. I mean, we're just cruisers, after all.

Other than that, I snapped my second UNESCO bird, finished the Murakami book and had a photoshoot with my brother taking a bucket shower in the back of the boat. It may sound brutal, but with water close to body temperature and a few desiliters of fresh water to finish, I imagine it must've been amazing.
(Given the conditions.)
Ellie out.

No comments:

Post a Comment