Sep 15, 2014

SMS from 881631637468@msg.iridium.com

Greetings from the open sea!
As I am speaking we're halfway to Spain and the weather is finally bearable! I can't remember if I explained the Biscay problem to my land crab friends, so here it goes:
When strong winds meet streams, the waves build up very tall and steep, and turn into what looks like a surfer's heaven. I guess you can imagine our (my) thoughts when the winds turned to gale already the first night. It seems like "stable winds" only applied to the direction of the wind...

Yesterday was the the most enormous roller-coaster I have ever tried.
The windows got occasional washes - as did we, and parts of the deck was submerged plenty of times. And, in the middle of it all, a bunch of dolphins came to play again, as if making fun of our struggles.

Now we're inside the actual bay, and easterly winds makes the bay a shelter. Lovely!
X

No comments:

Post a Comment